View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 22:02   #1
chris-sf
Inactive

chris-sf is an unknown quantity at this point
Email completely deleted after recent password problems

I have been un-able to access my mailbox for most of today via normal pop3 or via webmail, with error messages like incorrect password and unable to connect to message store.

I keep a few days worth on the server so I can use the likes of webmail and then retrieve a copy locally etc.

I have finally managed to access my mailbox tonight using my normal password but there is NO email in there. This morning there were at least 50 messages on there and they have not been pulled down remotely by home machine, which is off.

Unless the account has been compromised, which I doubt, my last 2 days worth of email have all gone! I sent a test to myself a few minutes ago and the test did appear in the mailbox correctly, so mail seems to be working fine now but my last 2-3 days worth of mail has all been nuked.

I didn't put this in the large 'email problems merged' thread as the last few pages mentioned the common problem of the server being down or failing on password, but this seems to be different and something I haven't had before! Had this with BT a good few years ago when using talk21, they managed to lose all of my archive mail :| Obviously I have local backups but not of the last few days.

Anyone else experienced this?
chris-sf is offline   Reply With Quote