View Single Post
Old 29-08-2023, 18:06   #2
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Freeview - Issue with Great! TV Ch50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMartin View Post
This relates to Great! TV (ch50) on Freeview. (Nottingham transmitter.)

Between 3am and 5am on a daily basis, I just get a plain black backgound screen with text that says "Great! TV" at the top, "Back at 0500" in the middle, and (in red) "Press Red for great Player" at the bottom. No sound.

At the same time, the guide and channel index show the advertised programs that should be broadcast, and I can get (on the one set connected to cable) the broadcast programs on VM.

I cannot find any information relating to this and there appears to be no way to contact anyone to query what is going on.

Anyone any ideas on this - or who to query it with?
Since the +1 versions of the Great! family of channels were added recently, the +1's have been borrowing a couple of hours from the main channels.
Great! TV goes off-air for a couple of hours overnight to give a 2 hour slot to Great! Movies +1. Similarly, Great! Movies goes off-air to give a 2 hour slot to Great! TV +1 and Great! Romance makes way for Great! Romance +1. Great! Action isn't affected.

Presumably the +1s will move into other multiplex capacity as it becomes available, allowing the main channels to reclaim their 24 hour slots. This method just allows them to hang onto the existing channel numbers until more space is available.

This link should help you to figure out how multiplex space is shared between services: https://www.xhxf.uk/timeshares/

Last edited by epsilon; 29-08-2023 at 19:04.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote