View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 10:01   #5502
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I just love my eldest son he came across this https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/sc...-on-employment

Hours of work and rest breaks
16 – 18 year olds
If you are over school leaving age and under 18, the law says that you must not work more than eight hours a day, or more than 40 hours a week. You must have twelve hours rest between each working day, and two rest days per working week. You are also entitled to a 30-minute rest break when you work for longer than four and a half hours.

Time off for study or training
If you are an employee aged 16 or 17 and have not yet achieved a certain standard of education or training, you are entitled to reasonable time off work for study or training. The time off should be paid at your normal hourly rate.
This is why i thought you would say more about his working hours from the link i posted.

Unless i am mistaken a 16 year old is still a child and he is still at school?

So from my link it says children can't work 'before 7am or after 7pm'

'for more than 4 hours without taking a break of at least 1 hour'

Term time rules

During term time children can only work a maximum of 12 hours a week. This includes:

a maximum of 2 hours on school days and Sundays
a maximum of 5 hours on Saturdays for 13 to 14-year-olds, or 8 hours for 15 to 16-year-olds

During school holidays 15 to 16-year-olds can only work a maximum of 35 hours a week. This includes:

a maximum of 8 hours on weekdays and Saturdays
a maximum of 2 hours on Sunday

Just realised these rules maybe different in Scotland!