View Single Post
Old 30-06-2017, 18:45   #7128
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Great news about BBC but as a Cricket Fan who refuses to subscribe to SKY Sports I can't hide the fact how disappointed I am to see BT come away with nothing. I thought they would have at least picked up the new T20 rights.

My bias aside, I still think it's short sighted of the ECB as surely the reason they have had such a windfall this time around is due to BT's interest. With them effectively out of the picture until 2025 they could well decide to drop their strategy for covering cricket and focus investments on other sports meaning SKY potentially pick up the next ECB rights for considerably less.

As to BT and their cricket strategy what do they do now? I'm sure Aussy cricket is not enough to sustain then, so do they call it a day after those rights expire? ICC rights are tied up until 2024 so their not much left. Really it's just the IPL and various overseas international rights as they come up.
A lot will happen by 2024, and I suspect very much that other big players will be muscelling in on the sports scene in the UK by then. Think Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Discovery.....
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote