View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 13:39   #3483
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But have you not got other ways to access it?.
Yes, I do, Den, but as I explained before, if Amazon was on VM, I could search for all the programmes I am likely to watch from whatever source, and bookmark them. I can only do that with VM's own system and Netflix at present.

Additionally, of course, I would like to see the V6 being hailed as a comprehensive streaming box for legal content, bringing more people into the VM embrace. This would bring more money into the company, leaving more funding available for additional content.

If I recall correctly, Sky wasn't really out of the wood until it had something like 5m subscribers.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sadly OB lately has often adopted a quote negative tone with regards to Virgin and one wonders why he is still with them..
Not at all, Den, I love the VM system, particularly their new V6 box (the old Tivos are knackered!).

My one and only bleat is the need for more comprehensive content.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
To be fair Netflix and Hayu aren't on the SKY platform and Amazon isn't likely either. From that point of view Virgin are trumping SKY.
I know, Chad, and that is a relevant point. However, they could do so much better if they had a mind to do so.