View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 19:41   #1105
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
that's a novel debating technique you got there Mick,ignore or refuse to debate the questions that show the Republicans or Trump in a bad light .
Wrong again, I just could not give a toss about what happened during the Bush Administration.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

All well and good but I'll stick with my views and those of my American friends that Obamacare was and is crap.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39515098#

What is going on within the White House? Why would a Congressman behave like this?
Nothing to do with the WH what happens in congress, separate entity.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Many Democrats would agree the rising premiums are a problem. It's certainly not perfect. However many people before couldn't afford it at all. More Americans have health insurance, people with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied coverage and all insurances have to meet a basic standard of coverage rather than trying to screw over their clients. That to me, and presumably to the Americans who now have coverage, is an improvement.

If it was such a failure then it would be easier to overturn but it turns out Americans like some of Obamacare if not the recent premium rise. Trump has he would make it cheaper, not remove people's insurance, and that is quite difficult.
My friends would disagree, Obama lied about being able to keep your own doctor. Many Americans have been forced to change doctors. It is a totally dire system that is getting more and more expensive. That's more households with huge increases per month, some families having to find $900+ extra per month. I'm just relaying what my American pals are telling me. They say in America profit is put first before patient welfare and it's been this way for a long time.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Looks like the Republicans have gone Nuclear and changed the rules to get Trump's Supreme Court pick confirmed by Friday.

http://news.sky.com/story/republican...-pick-10827658