View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 19:37   #777
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Maybe they should start with wage levels paid to civil servants and local government employees? And also include members of parliament and their aides? And make pensions for those posts only payable from the State Pension Age, the same as the rest of us?
The PM or even the Head of the Civil Service wouldn't earn enough to get caught in this pay cap. It's 20x the lowest paid staff. So with minimum wage the theoretical minimum at which the cap would be applied is roughly £262,480 (unless I've done the maths wrong - £6.31 for minimum wage I think).

It might impact the Chief Executives of some Government organisations though.

Corbyn is all over the place anyway. I suspect he meant a real pay cap and added this ratio thing at the last moment after his aides saw the reaction. It's an utter mess at the moment and I fail to see what Corbyn's goal actually is by continuing as leader other than to allow a far-left take-over of the party or actual delusion that it's going well so far.