View Single Post
Old 28-06-2006, 22:24   #762
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

I'm back, and Im BAD baby

Just re-connected to ntl, moved to an area that can get it again, yey, but had a few niggles along the way, heres my story:

Basically, 2 days ago, gave ntl a ring, asked for a decent package (Phone, tv, interweb), and got a 4Meg/Basic TV and internet deal, good so far, they said, that they would get an engineer in the next day (Yes, thats what I thought), good so far.

On tuesday, (We were in the process to moving to Rushden), we passed an ntl engineer's van in Rushden, curious, we stopped and had a chat, turned out, we weren't on the list for the day! Furious, I called ntl CS, who were fantastic, put us through to installations, who organised the engineer, came an hour later (Was the one we stopped, heh).

After install, we went to do the broadband set-up, and noticing we didnt get a PIN code, rang Tech support, we got it, easy street, we thought, went to install (Getting late by now, in-between moving and all), and the CD (Tried autoreg, didnt have the 11Char code at that time), gave us ERROR:207, said ring CS, they werent open, so we rang tech support (IBM India answered), said it was a CS thing, fair enough I thought, the install did say this.

Anyway, called CS, and basically this is where the problem began, I asked for the Serial for autoreg, then about error 207, he said its a tech support thing (!), when I asked him why the CD told me different, he wouldnt answer, when I asked why Tech support told me otherwise, he wouldnt answer, when I said that one of you were lying, he flat out called Tech support the liar (Nice to see coherancy, and all-for-one attitudes there then), but I wasnt happy, I asked for his name (Standard practice, I work in Customer support, Ok, not for ntl, but hey, but I am regularly asked for my name, and I give it, as I also ask for the customers name, creates trust, and accountability), he refused, I asked for a supervisor or manager, he refused TWICE, before saying he'll get someone to call back, they havent.

Thankfully, the autoreg went through at the time, without a hitch, and im now on ntl 4meg, however, i'm still distresse to find that there is STILL a lot of commincation issues within ntl, and also, a lack of willingness to go the extra mile, the guy on CS seemed intent on doing as little as possible, and frankly, it wasnt good enough, he could, and should, have put me on hold, and gave TS a kick up the bum for me, if indeed it was their issue, rather than doing nothing, the only downer on a decent installation.