View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:11   #9201
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
They said one of the pipes from it had become brittle and split.
I had a similar 'near miss' with my motor last year. I'd noticed a persistent coolant drop over a period of time but there were no visible signs of any leaks then one day I noticed a drip of fluid on the drive just under the o/s rear wheel arch. A feel around under the plastic wheel arch lining revealed badly corroded metal cooling system pipework which it turns out was a known issue on that model my car was years out of warranty. Evidently the system had only been leaking significantly under pressure so had I done a long trip before discovering the problem I could well have had a wrecked engine. The cheap solution to my problem was to simply bypass the whole rear section of the heating circuit and leave the rusty pipework in place. Phew!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote