View Single Post
Old 31-08-2016, 14:00   #11431
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Excellent

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

I'm so pleased for you den but remember and take it easy. Take care

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Well pre-op assessment went well although I have been told atm it is 12 weeks waiting time so that takes it up to 22nd of November I do hope it will be sooner as I have asked them to put in my notes that I will take any hospital and cancellation if one should become available. Quite honestly I do not care where I go to get this operation they could even remove it with a spoon for all I care just as long as I'm knocked out that is all I care about. The good news is they said it will be done and as a day patient all going well on the day so that's good as I would rather recover at home.

@ Osem they took my bloods yesterday so I don't know if that is a good thing, they also sent me for a ECG to trace my heart. Where I am slightly confused is I don't need to follow any diet before my op which I found strange as when speaking to others they needed to follow a diet whereas I don't for some reason. Any way I have plenty of reading as they sent me home with many booklets to read (laparoscopic cholecystectomy day case, day surgery information for patients,reducing your risk of blood clots and pre-operative fasting instructions and advice).

I did make a fool of myself by asking why is my legs getting measured for a gallbladder operation and the reply I got was for surgical stockings after that I decided not to ask any more questions as I felt quite silly for asking that question and at this point I decided the best option was to keep my mouth shut for a change

Hi Weenie, glad it went well.

I can't answer the question on the diet issue because I was never given any specific advice on dietary changes necessary either before or after the surgery.

The ECG is purely routine.

The blood test I referred to was a specific test (and I can't recall what for) which had to be done the same week as the surgery. It may have been something specific to my situation (I'd suffered an infected gall bladder) so it's possible it was to do with that and you might not need one I guess.

As regards the cancellations, I think I'd be inclined to ring in fairly regularly and hopefully that way you'll get the chance to have a chat to the staff responsible for managing the list and register your situation and circumstances with them. I always think that's much more effective than simply being just another name on a waiting list.

Yes I was measured for stockings also and wondered the same thing but it's a routine measure now to reduce the risk of blood clots in the legs. I bet you'll look better in them than I did...

If it is day surgery so much the better. I know there was a complication when they did my op and I wound up staying in because I had to have a surgical drain inserted. It'd have been much nicer to be back home in my own bed...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote