View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 22:34   #33
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

This is actually a concern I have with Android.

I know from past experience that Apple have been very good at encouraging people to use the hardware in their devices to it's fullest. Right from encouraging people to use the accelerometer (something which Nokia failed to do with the N95) through to the retina display, bluetooth support etc.

Samsung have added a lot of nice features to this phone (display res, fast start camera, quad core CPU etc), but how effective are they at persuading the app developers to use it? From talking to friends with extensive experience in parallel programming, it's relatively easy to code for a dual core CPU. When you increase the amount of cores beyond two, though, coding gets a lot harder. As such, I don't think there will be many apps that make full use of all four cores.

That also occurs in desktop OSes, but with desktop OSes, you are likely to be running applications in the background that will make use of the extra processing power.

People tend not to multitask in that way on phones.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote