View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 14:37   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Where are we all going to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
We can argue about what's useful but there going to be an awful lot of people with increasingly fewer options for jobs let alone what used to be called careers. Creative industries depend on people wanting and being able to afford what they produce. When push comes to shove, many of them will be amongst the first to suffer I'd have thought.

I'm really just wondering if, in the rush for 'progress', anyone at HQ is thinking much about the ramifications of where we're heading. If they are they're keeping it quiet but I'm always happy to be educated.
It's just people rushing to take advantage of developing technology. It's not really an act of design or something that we can stop.

There might be a lot of job losses but the government should start considering solutions to that now and see how automation can benefit society and how we'll spread out wealth generated from machines. Universal Basic Income might be a solution here.

You might be interested in this video which talks about this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote