View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 20:33   #5603
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
<snip>
Shub has a reputation to live down to. I run mine in modem mode as I already have a decent router with wireless.

Glad you're all fixed up again. None or limited net access feels like a limb's been cut off.
I never realised how much I used the internet until this last weekend. I really must try to curb my reliance on it to run my life. Having to go into my Bank on a Saturday morning is not something I want to do again any time soon and phoning around for insurance quotes is pants.

Not had the Shub long and until Friday I had been pleased with it. Coming from 10Mb getting 45/49Mb via WiFi was good and I had no issues with signal reception anywhere in the house (guess not having thick internal walls helps ) Before having it installed, and having read so many negative comments about the Shub on here, I was quite resigned to having to put it in Modem mode but having it go FURBAR after only a couple of weeks and apparently take the TiVo with it was a blow I didn't expect.

Hopefully it seems to be all sorted now thanks to a VM engineer who was prepared to try a number of solutions rather than leave me with a less than decent service.

Add .... After the engineer left I did a quick test using a USB cable and got over 60Mb which cheered me up no end.