Thread: TiVo VM TiVo is like . . .
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2011, 12:05   #3
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: VM TiVo is like . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgf View Post
. . . something Microsoft would market after taking over a company producing a good product, only to ruin it in implementation.

Since I rejected my VM TiVo I have seen my decision vindicated many times over, in spite of feeling shouted down in these and other forums.

I am trying to put my finger on what is wrong with it, apart from the obvious like dire SD picture quality and confusing UI. I think I have worked it out. It is to do with the way I think and what I perceive as being logical. My computing experience has been OS/2, Linux, Mac OS X with a small amount of Microsoft Windows along the way. I now work with Windows, unfortunately, but don't see MS Windows as part of my personal computing evolution - I have always seen it as an aberration.

Those of you old enough to have experience os OS/2 will know what I mean.

The TiVo is like something which would come out of the MS stables - great idea but badly implemented.

Ahh, they don't build them like they used to argument.

VM TiVo isn't perfect, but is a considerably better product in comparison to its competition.

I think VM's implementation is fine, and will continue to evolve. Comparing TiVo as an aberration akin to Microsft makes me think that you're probably the kind of person that sees Steve Jobs image in the skirting board.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with Apple, I'm typing this out on my Macbook now, but I think your singular view and insipid argument on TiVo will not gain much ground, but of course may ring true with some.

For the record, I'm watching SS1 SD, and the cricket looks superb on my TV with VM TiVo thanks.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote