View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38   #1
mikes12345
Inactive

Services: 2 x TIVO 500GB, XL TV, BB XL 60MB
mikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nice
iPlayer - Insufficient Bandwidth

Recently I have noticed that my broadband speed is very slow - but haven't done anything about it as I figured my area is probably just over subscribed and nothing realistically will be changeable in the short to medium term. I was however dissapointed when I tried to watch a program on the iPlayer (TiVo). I used HD mode only to be presented with buffering screens and eventually told that I have insufficient bandwidth to watch the program. (I should add I then switched HD mode off and the program played - but was jittery - had a few break ups and a couple of buffering screens but not too bad)

Given that I understand the TiVo has it's own modem I would have thought that this should not be an issue?

Does anyone know if a) there is any point me reporting this as a fault b) there is any way to force the TiVo to use standard on demand rather than iPlayer (and if that would make any difference).

When I first took out Virgin Media I regularly found on demand would not work with messages to the effect that my area is over subscribed - but recently that seemed to have got better. I am now wondering if that was just my perception because TiVo suggestions mean I watch on demand less as TiVo records stuff for me.

If it helps I am in the north Bristol area connected to the Aztec West hub (or whatever the correct word is).

Thanks in advance for your help.
mikes12345 is offline   Reply With Quote