View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 11:53   #1
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society
Car VIN Question

Hello,

On the 30th September 2017 I bought a 57 plate Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Ghia from a dealer. When I was there I looked over the paperwork and the logbook and matched the VIN to the sticker by the door. I also did a check on the car and nothing came back to say it was stolen or written off.

The new logbook came through with the same vin. I checked on Ford Etis and the vin thats on my logbook matches my car registration. However on the chassis stamp and window stamp is a different vin. I know I should of spotted these. I have checked this also on Ford Etis and it comes back the same car but on a 07 plate. Same colour, engine, fuel and a ghia. There are a few minor differences on the ford etis spec list.

I have also looked back at the MOT history on both cars. The number plate on my car has a history of a MOT done every year from 2011 when the car would of been 3 years old. The MOT was done for 5 years at the same dealership in Yorkshire. It then made its way down to Birmingham where a further 2 more MOT's was done at different garages. The next one is due March 2018.

The also checked the MOT of the VIN which is stamped into my chassis and it had 2 MOTS since 2010. One was in Ashford, Kent and the other was in Gillingham. But since then nothing. The mileages don't match for the first 2 years either.

Now I have done about 1200 miles in it since I bought it and have been through Birmingham city centre and up quite a few motorways and nothing has ever came back to me. I have never been stopped.

I am a bit worried as to what to think about it?

Any help or advice please.
Central is offline   Reply With Quote