View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 23:15   #5
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: Ordered my self-install kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Why remove the attenuator?
It was -12 something before that.

I seem to remember though that the general advice is not to get too worried about levels unless it's actually giving problems - might find the old modem is degraded somehow, and the SHUB will report happier figures - I think the modem was reporting a little low after they put the attenuator on (tested after the STB was replaced).

As for speeds, my M20 seems to have fallen to 5, and no, I haven't been bashing it hard enough to hit STM - reset the modem, and another speedtest peaked 10 before settling to 5 - maybe the old QAM64 I'm on is just not getting a fair share any more.

PS. I'll see if the SHUB does ok in router mode, as my router is only a basic N150. If not, there's always modem mode...
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote