View Single Post
Old 26-06-2012, 22:32   #1
ollie_gb
Inactive

ollie_gb is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving a wall mounted BT overhead line bracket

I've read a couple of threads and useful posts about moving fascia mounted brackets and wiring etc but haven't managed to find anything on this type of wall bracket (photo attached, hopefully), it's a galvanised corner bracket supporting a downward loop / drip with an upside-down cup on the end that the cable is wrapped round (to help tension it?) before being wrapped round itself, fixed by binding with another wire and routed around the wall to the incoming BT master socket.

We're extending over this corner of the house and I'm hoping to move it myself as I'm happy with rewiring the internal sockets / connections.

Does anyone know if you can buy similar / suitable fixing plates to fix to a wall face opposed to a corner, and if I'm opening up a whole box of worms by attempting it myself? I know that the cable is tensioned and I have to be careful that it doesn't pull me off the wall but I should have a scaffold / tower up by then.

It sounds like I may as well give it a try as the worse case scenario is that I fail and have to pay Mr Bt the money I'd have to in the first place? (save being pulled off the face of the wall, the cable whipping into a Tesco delivery lorry which in turn drives into a gas tanker which hits a substation next to a train carrying toxic waste and somehow starts World War III)

Thanks!
ollie_gb is offline   Reply With Quote