View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 19:14   #164
rovert
Inactive

Services: Ex VM now P.O. BB & phone, Freeview.
rovert is on a distinguished roadrovert is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Just thought I would warn others planning on leaving VM to be wary of what they are told by VM operators. I phoned today to advise them that I had signed up with a new provider. The news was not particularly well received but when the operator finally accepted that I had made my mind up he advised that there would be a cancellation charge of £82.77. When I questioned this he said it was because I was in contract till next May. At this point I resorted to quoting from their price rise email giving me till 31 October to change or cancel my package without penalty. He then conceded that the cancellation charge would not apply in my circumstances.

It also came to light that VM had already heard from my new provider about changing the phone number over from 26 October. The operator then turned to broadband which he said I needed to give 30 days notice for. I was given a date to cancel the broadband of 25 November. Again I had to query this by asking why the 30 days was starting from the phone changeover day rather than today when the notice was being given. He again had to concede that he was wrong and corrected the date to 11 November.

I should say that I have been a VM customer since 1999 and am not leaving lightly but like a lot of others have grown tired of the frequency of price rises whether direct increases or caused by expiring and reduced discounts.
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote