View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 15:13   #327
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No. Being optimistic and wanting the Country to succeed when we leave should be the priority now. Going over old arguments as to staying in the EU, that boat has sailed. Talk of being in the single market, customs union, this is not leaving tbe EU.

I and millions of people took part in a huge democratic process. There was two options. The option I voted for, won. I’m not interested in the arguments as to why people voted the way they did, the rules before the vote, were the same and both sides used questionable tactics. Both sides told porkies to get their side more votes.

So a democratic process took place, one result was final and it should be enacted because if we don’t then let’s just piss all over the graves of all those people who fought and died, for the right to a free, stable democracy.
Ah, the Tinkerbell effect - believe it strongly enough and it will happen...

You are of course right, the leave campaign won. The problem is that no one really defined what leave means. Simply invoking article 50 and walking away is of course a simple concept but the reality of things are much more complicated than that.

I am concerned that the clock is ticking here and there doesn't appear to be much action. Lots of talk, but no action and that's from both the EU and UK. If there isn't a solution to the issue of our one land border between the UK and EU yet then I don't feel very condfident on harmonisation and mutual recognition of standards for computerised systems used in pahrmaceutical production as an example