View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 13:46   #325
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
There are no credible sources, don’t care how expertly opinionated some group or professional or someone may be, they don’t have a bloody clue, no one does.

All I know is that people who were alive decades before the EU existed came to be, they have some experience in what life was like before the EU. They say we managed then and I’m sure we will manage again.
Mick, you cannot use Nostalgia as a basis for predicting the future especially when the period you are referring is decades ago. The world has changed in all recognition and assumptions made then just do not apply today.

Also sources are not credible just because they says things you do want to hear, that is just denial. If you think they are wrong, tell us why they are wrong. Our whole society is based on the ability to predict events in the short to medium term. The City use Actuaries to do exactly this.

If you went to the Doctor and he said that he thinks that, in his opinion, something will happen to you in 6 months time if you do not change your lifestyle, would you tell him/her that he/she "doesn't have a bloody clue"?

Also, I do not want my children to just "manage" and be grateful that they may be worse off in all sorts of ways but they have "taken back control". There are people who are content to be poorer after Brexit as long as their have their "control" .. I am not one of them and when I see people forcing their extreme Brexit path on the country when they know it is going to make the Country worse off then something has to change.