View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 08:48   #126
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
My 'solution' has not even been discussed. It is a solution without the cost implications you suggest because you're thinkng of an adaptation of the existing road network. So am I, but in a different way.

My solution involves compromise but much less cost because the infrastructure already exists: create cycle networks from exsting B roads, ratruns and streets not sutable for heavy traffic. This will segregate road users and be safer for learner cyclists/children. Cycle networks can serve schools and comprise dedicated inner city routes.

All that's needed is the willpower and signage and perhaps an extension of the resident permits system. It won't be without problems but then that's what happens when huge messes have to be resolved.

I think you might find that 99.9% of cyclists already believe they are subject to, and observe, the same laws.
New law has, for example, hoplessly failed to impact upon mobile phone usage at the wheel. People who flout the law will flout the law; you'll still be stuck with millions of law-abiding irritants on the roads because motorists don't only object to cyclists who break the law, they object to all cyclists.
Ban cars from B roads? So cars would no longer be used in the countryside areas! How would the homes in the countryside get their deliveries? Indeed, how would people living in the country get about at all? Like they did a few centuries ago, I dare say! Are you actually hinting at Year Zero? The whole concept is full of holes and would not stand up to the smallest amount of scrutiny.

And that 99.9%! I am frequently driving and observe cyclists jumping red lights and cycling recklessly. If it was 99.9%, such occurrences would be notable exceptions rather than the norm. 9% is more like it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote