Thread: Football Season 2016/2017
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 15:30   #1027
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

I think two of the bottom three are securing their fate, Middlesbrough would be the great escape this year, Sunderland will be down before the final day though.

It's completely possible for Sunderland to turn it around though and they do have the benefit of playing both Boro and Swansea.. so that same benefit also works in reverse. Sunderland have to beat both Swansea and Boro and pick up points elsewhere if you write the final day off at Chelsea. We seen it last year with ourselves, a draw with fellow drop side Villa sealed it when it was essential to pick up three points, had we won the game, we'd have stayed up going on the results that followed.

Arsenal have to match United now, this is what I alluded to in previous posts, the top four is far from secure, if both Arsenal and United collect maximum points from games in hand, they'll draw level with Liverpool.

United have to play, Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Spurs. If they were to win all four, however unlikely that is, they'd be finishing in the top four, as a neutral that scheduling is a dream, there's literally a mini playoff for the two spots. Arsenal have the easier run in up until they play United and Spurs back to back. If Everton win today they'll be level with Arsenal but that'll be irrelevant given the they're games ahead and Arsenal suddenly lose that advantage by losing 3 in a row.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-04-2017 at 15:41.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote