View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 00:14   #5
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Installing new cable service in apartment block

Even if you can get several signatures, that's still better than one. Would a landlord risk losing several lots of rent in one go, I don't think so. Try it, they can't terminate your lease just because you have asked for a cable to be connected. Phrase the letter along the lines of "will add value to your property, ensure continued tenancy of property etc." Make it clear that it's in their own interests to allow the connection and charging fees for the wayleave is not in their interests.

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I think you are confusing shorter term 6-12 months lettings, and long leasehold property owner interests. The Freeholder in a vast majority of cases already had their money on long leasehold (unless those leases were granted many years ago perhaps only on 99 year terms so are now shortening and perhaps due for extension). So the Freeholder, for whom the agents no doubt act, has little interest in broadband and the ground rent he receives (possibly only a few hundred from all flats combined) is due regardless.
Probably am getting confused but I am not entirely sure either way. He's talking about leasehold properties who have a landlord and an agent, yet the land/gardens is owned by someone else. How can that be?