View Single Post
Old 16-11-2016, 23:49   #1
David H
cf.member

Services: Virgin XL TV, 100 meg broadband
David H is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin phone left me up the creek with no paddle

I got a call on my mobile this afternoon to tell me the landline was out. It's dead besides a sound on the line which sounds like someone's left the phone of the hook in another room. It's not the sockets as I've taken each phone out, so called the operator who said I'd need an engineer. In five days. So regardless of my situation, and the fact our bills have gone up by 5-10% a year the service is now like what you'd expect in a backward country.

I will definitely be sending this straight to the top, how can we pay top rates for rental and get bargain basement service? What if I was in business or housebound? They simply let people have no telephone at all for five days and sod you? Something has to change, I will also be calling the radio about this and without any joy for the company will follow up with the newspapers.

Meanwhile thank goodness the broadband works as I need that every day, and the TV, and it's clearly only my line as the operator checked it. Any clues what the symptoms point to, any tips I could try myself to get it back on?
David H is offline   Reply With Quote