View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:05   #300
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban (2040).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
... and therein lies the reality. We're not going to have a choice and will be reliant upon our local and national authorities to get it right and ensure sufficient infrastructure of the right type is there when it's required. I'm sorry but given the debacles surrounding London's new airport/runway, power generating capacity etc. I don't have a great deal of faith that the reality will bear any relation to what's being envisaged. It may be possible in societies such as Korea but in the UK I can see this being chaotic with a huge impact on personal freedom. Of course the great and the good will be effectively exempt from any of that and no doubt delighted that the rest of us aren't clogging up the roads for them as they go about their business of accumulating more wealth whilst living the high life. I reckon a great many people really believe that switching to all electric vehicles will provide them with just the same freedom and flexibility they enjoy now with petrol/diesel vehicles but much cheaper and IMHO the reality will be very different, certainly within the timescale set out. The lost fuel related and the revenues will have to be recouped from somewhere as will the massive cost of the national infrastructure required to support such a dramatic change. I have no faith that our glorious leaders can deliver on this objective and of course if/when they don't it'll be us mere mortals who'll suffer most of all...
Oh come on have more faith in Mother Theresa, she's got her finger on the pulse and knows what's going down.

We were supposed to be in hover cars by now according to my 1975 Beano Annual, so they haven't a clue what transport will be like in 2040. I suspect like now, but even more congested. Number of cars is the problem, not the fuel source.

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Apparently, inductive charging has been in use in S Korea for a number of years...
No wonder N Korea are threatening war, that's energy theft !
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote