View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 21:30   #36
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
I think it's going to be Vivid 50 on it's own for me then down the line, I've got all 3 services at the mo on a contract that started back in November last year so this will be a good time to junk the TV and phone (which I don't use, no handset even ...)

One the one hand I'll be paying slightly more a month, but I'll be saving the yearly phone line saver payment ... swings and roundabouts eh?
That's exactly what I did this time last year. I had the Big Kahuna package but switched the TV to Sky (got a great offer on Money Saving Expert) and transferred the landline to a voip provider.

Cons:
Initially missed some of the Tivo software features
Lost BT Sport (though I rarely caught a live game anyway)
Lost inclusive mobile minutes (though use our own mobiles instead)

Pros:
Sky Q box performs much quicker than the Tivo box I had
Gained Sky Cinema (I make a lot more use of that than I did BT Sport)
Saved around £20 per month.

So much for getting better value by bundling your services with one provider. Which reminds me, it's time to start the annual haggling games with retentions!

I would have switched broadband away too, except I can't get a BT line without digging up my driveway.

Last edited by Inactive Digital; 03-08-2017 at 21:36.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote