View Single Post
Old 29-09-2016, 00:45   #6652
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Looks like there's going to be another boxing channel launching in the UK. The info in the link isn't 100% crystal clear and I've not been able to find much more info on it.

http://www.ringnews24.com/2016/09/27.../#.V-xE5dQrLs0

"Asif Vali has revealed great news for boxing fans after announcing his upcoming October 1st show at the Lancashire County Cricket Club in Manchester will be televised live on new free-to-air channel ‘It’s A-Bout Boxing’.

"Organised by Vali, in conjunction with promoter Dennis Hobson, the ‘Zak Vali Annual Evening of Professional Boxing’ is set to feature exciting Northwest talent including Bolton prospect Osman Aslam; Matthew Mainwaring and Adam Hague, who are both trained by Matthew Hatton, as well as heavyweight Con Sheehan who is guided by Tyson Fury’s trainer, Peter Fury.

Now, with just days away from the first bell, the show has been picked up by former promoter Marcus Anderson Hitchen’s new boxing PR channel ‘It’s A-Bout Boxing’.

“Asif’s show will be going out on our channel which can be viewed on Sky Channel 468 and Freeview Channel 90,” explained Anderson Hitchen. “So far we’ve done a show with Carl Greaves and have some lined up with MGM Promotions, but this will be our first event going out as a live recording and I’m really excited. The channel is really picking up and from mid-October we’re aiming to broadcast a pre-recorded and a live show every Friday and Saturday."

No mention of Virgin Media as of yet. Is the channel Frontrunner on Virgin? That appears to be the channel this new one is replacing. I can't get my head around the term "boxing PR channel". As clear as mud.

Last edited by Chad; 29-09-2016 at 00:53.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote