Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2017, 22:11   #100
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Any Star Trek can't wait... Voyger still the best ever in my personal opinion.
completely agree. They weren't my favourite crew but it was my favourite series because it was something new with fresh and unexplored space & species as well as being modern with new technology in the series and the last technology and special effects for production of the series.

I watched a documentary on something a couple of weeks ago (I think it was something to do with the awards season) and one of the people speaking said we have got to the stage in technology where we can create anything we imagine. We don't want everything green screen but I think it is fantastic for us sci-fi fans that it has got to the point where all the worlds, species, ships and anything else writers and creators imagine can now be made real. I loved Voyager because they were able to create everything on a larger scale (e.g. the Borg universe) and make it real and believable. I am rewatching TNG atm and you can't help but notice how small scale everything was filmed and they had one set for the Borg cube with paintings for the background.

The perfect example and what epitomises everything I have just said is Rogue One. It was the absolute perfect balance in every regard and was able to create everything with spectacular effect (e.g. the devastation on Jedha)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote