View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 21:58   #31
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Not sure how that'd ever be enforced.
One would have to hope that those around them (Their own families and local community) the police and the looming consequence of heavier penalties would prove a big enough dissuasion from trying anything similar in the future.. I did however say "allowed" not prevented, so who knows..

It should also be pointed out that their preferred 'way in' to these children has been removed, with the closure of their businesses.. as the article mentions, the children would hang around outside their takeaways which provided them with the opportunity to groom them.. also their family and local community probably weren't aware what was going on, and now they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
reading that article it would appear that there is a network of these types of people who would likely give shelter to anyone leaving jail and possibly aiding them in getting contact with young girls
I can't imagine any criminal fraternity (regardless of how lowly they might be) would risk having anything to do with them now.. Of course, i could be wrong, as some folk just aren't blessed with an abundance of grey matter.
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote