View Single Post
Old 24-09-2013, 15:34   #53
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age
Re: UK to be bankrupt by 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
But this number doesn't mean anything without context. I.E How much should it cost to provide healthcare to a population of 65 million?

France and Germany both pay more than us.

Almost certainly but I think these would be a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of providing healthcare, especially to a aging population. Large organisations will generate wasteful spending and the NHS should cut down on as much of this as possible but we still need to address the fact that it's always going to be expensive.
Germany spends £300 billion on Healthcare,almost triple the UK's amount... From personal experience I can say that the German Healthcare system is much better than the NHS BUT it's much more expensive for the Individual.

Considering the NHS is paid for out of general taxation and in Germany employer and employee each pay up to 15% of gross wages (depending on insurer) I think there needs to be a discussion on how to secure the future of the NHS and how to finance it in a sustainable way....

Generally speaking it's clear to me that our government spending is way out of control and something drastic needs to be,or rather should be,done. People want the government to control their lives yet p and moan about taxes all Day long...

People seem to want the security without paying for it.... IMO we should cut our welfare bills rather drastically,and I mean both private and Corporate.Our benefits system is out of control and we're taxing people and businesses to death for it.

I feel we should have a drastically reduced public sector and government is there to take care of the necessities to run the country,not regulate people's and business Life to the point of suffocation.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote