View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 14:52   #4602
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Fan sounds like there's a swarm of angry wasps inside. They've told me that it sounds like a bearing has gone. So I need to either buy a new fan or a new laptop. I'd rather the new fan.
Yep, that sounds like bearings. I got a fan for mine off the net (Can't remember whether it was ebay or Amazon) for about £7 and replaced it before I found out it was the BIOS and W7.

BTW I looked on youtube for a tutorial on how to get the machine apart. Very useful as there were a number of hidden screws and a trick to get the keyboard out. You'll also need a miniature tool kit with the odd bits that laptops use. Mine had torx 8 screws as well as very shallow cross-heads.