View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:07   #389
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You appear to be confusing compassion with the compensation culture prevalent in society now.

Yes they have gone through a very traumatic experience and do need support through that but don't you think the funds raised would not be able to support that? What does it stand at now? Over £10mllion, That's a lot of money per person to put it bluntly.

So please tell me how we can be more compassionate than to contribute more than £10 million to their need and assist them in the future?

As regards rehousing them where do you think the local council will be able to obtain that amount of stock from?

Tough **** they may have to enroll their kid in a different school if offered accommodation in a different borough but what does that matter?

What has compassion to do with that? I Would be more concerned that my child could continue their education wherever it may be
You seem to be confusing money with solving the problems bought on by people seeing their friends and neighbours to put it bluntly burnt to death in an inferno,i am afraid not even one billion pounds each would solve the mental health problems arising from that , ,

As for housing stock if you have been reading this thread it has been suggested temporary housing via a modular design could be built quickly in the borough if the will was there,

This has possibly been a man made disaster we will have to wait of the inquirey ,why should the people who have suffrered serious trauma suffer more

This is a time when the children at school if they are attending will need their school friends more then ever not shipped far away.

Victim blaming seems to be the name of the game here and its an ugly thing to see.

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I imagine they don't want to make kids, likely already traumatised from the fire, have to adjust to a new school, in a new environment and have to make new friends. It's hard for kids to move under the best of circumstances let alone after an incident where their homes, possessions and in some cases family members have gone.

I don't understand how people cannot have sympathy here.
At least somebody on here seems to get it.

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Questions also need to be asked of how did the fire brigade fail to deal with initial blaze.

As I understand it the fire brigade was there and initially dealt with the fire in the flat, or at least thought they had.
As far as i know when first phoned there was only a fire in one flat, the person who initially made that call has spoken on LBC,when the brigade got there she said the fire had spread to the sixth floor in a few minutes.

So no the brigade had not put the fire out in the one flat AFAIK.

---------- Post added at 08:25 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

[Admin Edit: Discussing Reputation comments publicly, is not permitted: If you have a concern then raise it with the person privately.]

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

[/COLOR]I will tell people a bit about where i am coming from i have been down there its utter carnage.

Yes on a personal level it has affected me how this could happen in 2017 is beyond belief ,would it have been different if the government had implimented the measures a coroner recommeded after the Camberwell flat fire in 2009 .

Who knows but they ignored it.

If people are telling me on here this and that go speak to the people down there ,i guess nobody on here has yet the keyboard warriors and their lack of empathy is astounding.

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You often find that as with many things in life Damien as perhaps if some walked a mile in someone else's shoes and experienced it themselves then they might think rather differently.
I can and do put myself in their shoes den, having been down there speaking to people its utterly devastating ,the stuff i have been told has moved me so much.

Last edited by richard1960; 08-07-2017 at 09:04.