View Single Post
Old 31-12-2016, 12:01   #1029
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
.... as I've said many times, I love on-demand, streaming etc but I worry about what will happen if you can't stream, or can't afford to pay to stream?

Could it be that in the future, the "poor" may be lumbered with the "mainstream" channels "enjoying" a diet of soap, reality and celebrity chefs while the rich can afford to go online and stream high quality dramas like The Crown?

Not great if you're in the poor camp...
I do understand that, and it is of concern. However, I believe that in the future, most households will have access to good broadband speeds, just as most now have a telephone. I think it is also likely that many, if not all, OTT services will have a non subscription option with commercials for those who cannot or will not pay.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote