View Single Post
Old 30-12-2016, 21:21   #81
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
Huh? Yes I know all about that! You do understand that much of the UK don't have the C&W network anywhere nearby though? I think a lot of you guys on this forum assume others have no clue and you are the only ones "in the know".
As seen as I've worked for virgin media for over 20 years when it comes to their network I am "in the know"

And when you say things like

Quote:
I'm not sure Virgin supply backhaul for "various" mobile networks. I don't think EE or Three ever used them and EE certainly wouldn't now as they're part of BT Group.
When VM have provided EE backhaul for several years, and continue to do so, suggests .........

Anyway.

Quote:
Voda have to rely on BT backhaul for a lot of areas still. I never said in my post that they ONLY use it, you just felt like correcting me. 50-60% of the well populated borough I live in doesn't have C&W fibre anywhere near it.
Unless you have Vodafone network map or intimate knowledge of their network how do you know?

Quote:
Yep I know all about the different guises of C&W (Thus, Scottish Telecom, Norweb Comms, etc). but in many areas there's only BT ducting in the ground.
What about overhead?