View Single Post
Old 16-12-2011, 01:39   #11
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Yes I know

Tv perfect signal is -2dBmV
And broadband is +2 dBmV

If exactly perfect dead middle of the ranges

-3 to +7 for broadband is optimum range on qam256

-7 to +3 is optimum range on qam64

Yes they are different to your quoted figures.. But those are the figures that had been tested and found to be optimum.. Over the phone cs seem to use those figures it's also the figures pinned on the vm community forums

So as far as I'm aware bit could be wrong those are the optimums.. Also had engineers quote those figures.

Either way though there's lots of engineers who are ignorant to what the optimum is... Like the 3 I has turn up at my house told me they was fine.. But if true why was networks called out in the end and confirmed there was a problem.

Lol even by your figures my signal levels were worse still.. I had signal levels of -6 on broadband.. Which according to your figures of true the lowest should be 0!

But the engineers were telling me -7 was fine.

Tv I had -10 signal levels previously which is in your range.. But I was experiencing picture problems occasionally.

But since I increased my own signal levels everything's been better than ever.. Shame vm wouldn't do it for me.. Costed me £100 in the end to put my own services right

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

The link I have is just how to check signal levels on modem.

I wouldn't say how to enter engineers menus as if settings are changed accidentally like signal frequency it will result in a customer loosing their services... So it would be Kinda irresponsible.

But you can check signal levels anyway inside the setting menus.. Well apart from TiVo and vhd which aren't as clear
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote