View Single Post
Old 17-03-2017, 00:27   #799
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Come off it Andrew, I mean you make some wild claims over Brexit but how can he break promises when he has only been in Office less than 60 days ? You can judge him on some of those after 8 years geez.
Ha ha. No, I'm deadly serious. He's slashing the budgets in all these areas, as the article says. His promises apart from the deficit are for four years, not eight.

Taking just two examples from the six in the article:

a) My administration will “promote clean air and water.”
Trump’s budget abolishes the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, a popular, bipartisan program that preserves the health of the lakes that eight Midwestern states depend on.

b) The government will stop wasting money overseas and “rebuild” our inner cities.
Trump’s budget cuts $2 billion from public housing and $300 million from rental assistance, while abolishing the Community Development Block Grant program, which funds affordable housing, community recreation centers, and food assistance, among other things.
The budget also cuts job-training programs, legal aid, and home energy subsidies to low-income Americans.