View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 22:52   #5
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
Re: WebHost Issues Rectified - Can No Longer Access Website On Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Do yourself a favour, open the command line and do "nslookup www.peterboroughweatherwatch.com" without quotes.

Then do the same thing again, but instead do:

"nslookup www.peterboroughweatherwatch.com 8.8.8.8"

Compare both responses, they should be the same. If they're not, you have a DNS issue. At any point did you fiddle with your HOSTS file while trying to resolve it?
Hi Kushan,

Thanks for the reply.

No, I hadn't done anything with my host file. The issue appeared to have rectified itself by Monday morning, but lo and behold a similar issue reared it's ugly head again this morning. But this time even external access was having the same issue, in that www.peterboroughweatherwatch.com could not be reached, yet peterboroughweatherwatch was resolving.

Had a little play on my control panel on my hosting site.....didnt believe I had actually made any changes, but within several minutes...all now appears good.

I hadnt run those commands until afterwards and they both give back the same ip addresses. Whether they were before I sort of tinkered i will never know as i didn't check before.

Well lets hope it continues to play ball.

regards

TrevP
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote