View Single Post
Old 30-01-2016, 09:46   #2512
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What I find strange is surely it can't just be a hybrid box providing the Freeview Channels and Now TV content surely Sky will want to increase the ARPU on Now TV.

HD at 1080p is well overdue , whatever the box consists of its a certainty it will do something Sky can charge you extra for. They would make nothing off just the fact it's hybrid apart from charging more for the hardware initially.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...-advanced-box/
They could do with a few extra channels such as Alibi, Universal and Watch (though I think Watch's rebranding and new content skew to 'W' could end up standing for 'Wishy-washy')

But I wouldn't be prepare to pay more than 50p for their additions. I think Sky will keep 1080p and 5.1 the reserve of their satellite boxes for the time being. They could try an extra charge for it, but again, it would have to be minimal for me to pay it; the 720p picture on catchup/box sets, is not bad at all in my view.