View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 17:24   #2507
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Personally I'd have to ask what would be the point of putting Freeview in the NOW TV box? I can't see the advantage for a couple of reasons.

Now TV requires an HDMI connection as far as I know meaning it's pretty likely you've either already got Freeview built into the TV, or receive broadcast channels through another provider, rendering the Freeview hardware pointless.

Also Now TV is rebranded Roku hardware, which doesn't do Freeview. So to add it in means that Sky would have to source their hardware from someone else - and they seem fairly happy with Roku to date for Now TV.
They are working with Roku

http://advanced-television.com/2016/...for-operators/
https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...vanced-box-yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It makes the most popular channels available without the need to stream them (= a huge saving in broadband data).

Besides, there are still plenty of HDMI-enabled TVs about that don't include a Freeview tuner.
You always put things so much better than I can. I'd imagine this hybrid box will also feature Sky's own streamed live channels in the EPG with the broadcast channels. Many in here also seem to talk about a one box solution rather than having to keep changing inputs.