View Single Post
Old 14-02-2015, 13:02   #333
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
It is easy to download 200GB in 4-5 hrs with a good constant 17MB/s if you have the top speed on offer and you can get it.

Even at half the speed up to 10hrs.

There is plenty of people who act like a seedbox and download everything, because they sell the stuff to their mates etc, so all the movies, albums and games are constantly grabbed and seeded because most are on tough torrent sites where a good sharing ratio is needed to stay there.
You're sort of contradicting yourself here. If someone is downloading at 17MB/s all day every day but is concerned with their share ratio, then they have a very serious problem - their upload speed is, at best, about 1.5MB/s and that will get traffic managed quite harshly through the day.

Also anyone that serious about downloading wouldn't be torrenting the stuff. In any case, only a handful of people are going to be that bad.

I consider myself a fairly heavy downloader and according to Virgin, I only downloaded ~850GB between August and December.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote