View Single Post
Old 21-04-2012, 08:41   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
still on 50mb here in Histon near cambridge and I have a VMNG300 modem, mate in the next village cottenham with a superhub has got the upgrade to 100mb a couple of days ago.

Bob
don't believe what VM say dude, the vmng300 can do 100mbit without breaking a sweat. You can tell if you have got a problem with the modem in that respect by looking at the config. The modem gets a configuration file telling it what speed it can do you would only be worried if you was provisioned for 100mbit and were still only pulling 50. In your case, you will still be provisioned for 50mbit. Have a look at http://192.168.100.1/CmOpConfig.asp and you'll see. For 100mbit you'll have:

Primary Downstream Service Flow
Max Traffic Rate : 110000000 bps (110mbit)

Primary Upstream Service Flow
Max Traffic Rate : 10250000 bps (just over 10mbit)

In your case atm, your downstream will be something like 55000000bps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My village is very close by, my account says the upgrade is complete and i will get upped soon to 60mbit so i am expecting it next week now.

If it says the upgrade is complete have you tried resetting the modem to see if it downloads the new config?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote