View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:55   #49
RizzyKing

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Whatever the monarchy costs it isn't more then the revenue from the crown estates that go to the exchequer and despite the vocal whinging of a small minority there is neither the desire or the will to abolish the monarchy and that issue has nothing to do with brexit. I believe now as I've believed from the start that the best future for the UK medium to longterm is out of the EU being a truely global trading nation constrained only by laws we set ourselves and improving relations with many more nations then we would have under the EU. I'd even be happy if we improved relations with russia and brexit will give us the freedom to do that.

No one has ever said brexit is risk free because it isn't much will depend on how competently things are handled by the relevant politicians at the time issues arise. But lets not pretend remaining in the EU was risk free because that's fantasy land, the EU has deep issues which have been ignored or glossed over for a longtime that are coming home to roost. Further integration was also coming as the EU's endgame has been known and celebrated by some eurocrats the united states of europe we couldn't continue being in the club but not adopting the integration for much longer some in the EU were frustrated with the UK before brexit was even mentioned as they felt the UK should be fully commited.

We leave now and we have time to gets things sorted and organised the alternative being we stayed in and either integrated to the desired level in the near future or be given an ultimatum of integrate or be kicked out. Given that even a fair few remain supporters were not supportive of further integration it was a problem that would have needed to be resolved.