View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 15:49   #2340
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But back to my point - why is it "something highly inappropriate" to question the statements of a military (or ex-military) person, as posited by Sarah Huckabee Sanders, President Trump's White House Press Secretary?
If I may, I would suggest this is nothing specific to an ex-military person. This administration is authoritarian, its hubris unprecedented. It shows utter disdain for any questioning of its actions or motives as Stephen Miller made abundantly clear a while ago. Its response to highlighting of its errors is to either try and discredit those remarking on them or to lie.

Presumably this feeds down from the narcissist in chief and his inability to accept his own manifest fallibility, let alone learn from it.

Being fair we all have flaws, just the rest of us don't have them subjected to such scrutiny.