View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 23:49   #2984
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Hi

Hope this is the right thread for this. I have recently switched from Sky and have a few questions about whether certain functionality that was available on Sky+HD box is available on the V6. As of yet, I haven't found this functionality, so I'm guessing maybe not. But perhaps it's just something I'm missing.

i) On Sky+HD you could bring up a mini guide by pressing an arrow button and then cycle up and down channels to see what's on them now and for the rest of the day, without having to use the main TV guide. On V6 I can only get the mini guide for that one channel and cannot scroll forward or bring up any other later shows, or bring up any other channel details. Does the mini guide not work the same as Sky?

ii) Is there any way of changing the length of time that the mini guide stays on screen when changing channel or pressing the info button?

iii) When playing a recording from My Shows, can you start the playback from a 'user-defined' start point? On Sky you could select this and input the number of minutes from which you wanted to start playback.

iv) Another Sky functionality was the ability to bookmark certain point in a recording you are playing by pausing and pressing the red button. Can bookmarking be done on the V6?

Sorry for all the comparisons to Sky. I'm not picking flies with the V6. In fact I love it and really glad I switched. It's just the above functionality were things I found useful on Sky and would be interested to know if they are replicated on the V6 at all.

Thanks.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote