View Single Post
Old 19-05-2017, 20:27   #586
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
I disagree. I have been and am working bloody hard for my assets and money. I've speculated (at personal risk) to accumilate. It's taking blood, sweat and tears (literally). I'm being taxed (a lot) on my income before I can accumulate my assets and money and then I am taxed again on my capital gains when I want to sell some assets to realise some profit from them. How is it right to then strip me of more of my wealth if/when I need care in later life? .......especially when someone else who hasn't bothered has that care simply handed to them?!
How else are we going to pay for it? As I said earlier. I would prefer an increase to National Insurance or some sort of compulsory insurance scheme to pool the risk but this is a start.

It's the same argument as student loans really. Those who afford it should pay more alternatively we all pay more via tax.