View Single Post
Old 16-10-2016, 14:01   #736
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

It seems the Baroness isn't above emulating her colleague Diane Abbot in opposing divisive selective/private education for the many whilst not being similarly concerned about its adverse effects on her own child....

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-comprehensive

Quote:
It isn’t always easy to be a politician or a parent. Shami Chakrabarti has found, sometimes, it’s very difficult to be both.

“I have real concerns about grammar schools,” the new shadow attorney general said on ITV’s Peston on Sunday when asked about Labour’s opposition to selective education – before admitting she in fact sends her own son to a private school. That’s the prestigious Dulwich College at a cost of £18,000 a year.

“I live in a nice big house and eat nice food and my neighbours are homeless and go to food banks,” Chakrabarti acknowledged when Robert Peston suggested she could be called a hypocrite.
If she's so exercised by these issues she could always just send her child to the local comprehensive and give some more money to the local needy she clearly feels so bad about. It wouldn't be the end to poverty I agree but it'd clearly help assuage her guilt...

Last edited by Osem; 16-10-2016 at 14:07.