View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:52   #1
saycheese
Inactive

Services: 4MB
saycheese is on a distinguished roadsaycheese is on a distinguished road
Linksys BEFSR41 DC++ problem

Hi,ive got a problem with a Linksys Etherfast BEFSR41 V4 wired Router (with latest firmware).I have an Xbox 360 and another PC running ok but when i try to use DC++ it gives me a Windows system error "There is an Ip address conflict with another system on the network"ive tried the UPnP method which passed all the tests on UPnP utility but gave me the Windows system error after DC++ worked for a short time. When this error occurs the Ip address on the xbox 360 changes to the same one as the 1st PC so that's obviously why im getting the error.Ive heard that i need a static Ip address if i want to use the port forwarding method but i need some advice on how to do it please and would it make a difference? or is there a setting in the router config that could help resolve this problem?.DC++ used to work perfectly before i got the router and i'm on NTL 4MB using a 250 cable modem with both XP Home SP2 PC'S on a Network with printer and filesharing enabled.I'm also using Zone Alarm firewall and Norton Antivirus 2003 Professional. Cheers,Mark.
saycheese is offline   Reply With Quote