View Single Post
Old 27-08-2017, 20:15   #32
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Broadband still worth it?

But your suggestion that people would only take FTTC if they were desperate or had no VM option was totally disingenuous basing it on the bad wiring from your house to the cabinet.

If you have never had any latency or congestion issues, you are truly blessed and I would suggest in the minority. My own and friends experience of VM along with lots of evidence online (come on, we all know the VM congestion issues well) is not repeated in such numbers for FTTC in general. More isolated incidents with odd ISP's rather than the repeated congestion at VM due to polices of upgrading areas only after the problem has been an issue for a long period.

Of course that is inter-spaced once every 5 years with VM shouting about doing major upgrades and actually being pro-active in some area's for a short period before falling back in to the repeat cycle of congestion again. All except those few and far between magic lucky areas such as yours

So my opinion still stands as to the question in this thread, VM is not worth it. The hassle or the extra speed. Even before you throw the faster FTTC speeds in to the mix.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote