View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 18:06   #10
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Ugly exterior cable installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizza View Post
I didn't know to ask.

Plus I didn't realise the whole building would be wired. I thought they'd just extend the fibre optic to a box in our front garden, and then anyone subscribing would be wired up thereafter.

I'm a customer, not an expert, so it would've been nice if Virgin had discussed these matters with me and fully explained what installation involves.

And like I said, we can't paint the cables without paying someone to do it. it's a 4-storey building. I'm not sure how Virgin got that high up but a lot of painters won't go that high without some kind of scaffolding = £££
Well to be honest it's not really Virgin's fault. You can't expect them to have all different colours of cable for different houses. From what I understand it's the black cable that us the most UV resistant. They actually use white cable inside your property. If it was going to cause any problems with the appearance of the building, then you should have brought up these concerns with Virgin. After all they don't have a crystal ball either.

It's just the same as I'm in the bed trade, and if someone has a very narrow staircase with a low ceiling, and they want to buy a superking size mattress, then they need to ask us if it is likely to be a problem. After all we don't know anything about their house.